free website stats program Hard bag refurb | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard bag refurb

cedarbrook63

I'm looking at a second hand hard bag set which I may buy. One of the bags has some shallow scuffing which is from where the owner's bike fell onto its side and the bag took some impact with the ground.

The bags seem in good order except for the scuff and I was wondering if any of you wise men (or women :s) out there could advise if there is a way of restoring that nice shiny lustre to the plastic, or at least of reducing the superficial roughness of scuffed plastic.

Thanks folks. :D

True raw plastic/injection molded bags can not be repaired to origional.You can fix them and paint them to look new.Take a piece of sandpaper and swipe the damaged area.If you pic up material its more than likely painted and can be repaired.

Some pics would help.

Part raw plastic and part "glossy" or lacquered-looking.

Brain cramp here..If the inside finish of the bag and outside finish do not match, they are certainly painted and can be repaired using the proper materials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Useful stuff to know. Seller has decided to hold onto them so deal's off anyway. Guess he saw the price of new bags over here and decided his were not so bad after all :D.

Back