free website stats program Harbor freight trailer ??????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harbor freight trailer ???????

kcmoonman

looking for a trailer for my street glide, just wanted to know or get feedback from anyone that has owned the folding 1195 lb capacity 48 x96" with 12 inch wheels trailer sold at Harbor freight, any feedback would be appreciated.

Even though the listed capacity is 1140 lbs. IMO that trailer with its design may be on the light side for your heavy weight H-D... I would look a little further.

I've been interested in the same trailer except they have one with a load capacity of 1750 lbs. It has 5 lug wheels, bigger bearings. I'm going to check it out soon, only 350.oo.

First of all almost every thing sold at habor frieght is imported from china, and you get what you pay for.

The trailers are bolt together not welded and have very thin frame rails.

So the question I have for you is how would you feel if you looked in your rear view mirror and saw your SG skidding down the road by its self?

First of all almost every thing sold at habor frieght is imported from china, and you get what you pay for.

The trailers are bolt together not welded and have very thin frame rails.

So the question I have for you is how would you feel if you looked in your rear view mirror and saw your SG skidding down the road by its self?

bikefisherman, my sentiment is with you on this one. I've seen those trailers and they look good for light utility hauling. However if you put a new bike on one they seem to look a little frail for haul'en that kind of load on. If you have ever been behind one of them when they had a blow out, the way that they thrash from side to side, I don't thind that they make tie downs that could take the strain or the rails either.

You may have better luck with Tractor Supply Co. seen a 4 x 7 there for $550:newsmile093:...
Regards:bigsmiley12:

trailer

Just picked up a nice , little, enclosed v nose aluminum 5x10 trailer for our bike.( used but in fine shape)
I've never had a trailer. Wife and I love to ride and, with our work schedules, we don't get to 'see/ride' places we'd love to ride and see. This trailer will open up some nice destinations for us..We look forward to loading up the bike, pulling out of here on a late Fri afternoon, drive/tow into the night, have a hotel set up, offload Sat and ride whatever area....stay in the hotel Sat night and make a bee line for home and work on Monday. I have a hitch and wiring ordered for our van...Hopefully, our Merc Villager will tow the combined weight of 600lb trailer and 850 lb Ultra..If not, I have my son in law's Dakota truck..I'd rather rely on using my own van. I'd like to hear thoughts on the van's capability to tow the 1500lbs. A few destinations we'd love to try is the Blue Ridge Parkway..another is Bar Harbor area in Maine, and Gettysburg, PA.

Re: trailer

Should be no issue. But would it not be just as easy to ride the bike to whereever and do the same???

Re: trailer

We'd love to ride but these places are 8 ++ hours from us. We're getting close to retirement age and will be able to spread out travel in another year or two...That's IF I'm not shot by then. For now, the trailer will get us there and still be in shape to ride the next day. It's our second year back on two wheels after almost 20 years of no riding at all. I wish I could roll back some years and be in better shape as well.

Back