free website stats program Happy Days!! - Wife starting to enjoy riding with me! | Harley Davidson Forums

Happy Days!! - Wife starting to enjoy riding with me!

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Getting ready to go out for breakfast this morning and I casually asked if we should take the car or the bike. My wife, who'd only ridden with me 2 or 3 times, said it was such a nice day we should take the bike. After breakfast, she agreed to take the long way home so we did a little highway riding and I took her down my favorite, local, twisty on the way home. She hops off at home and tells me how much fun it was!

I think she's finally starting to relax enough to actually enjoy riding shotgun. I didn't want to push the matter but I was seriously starting to wonder if I was destined to be pretty much a solo rider. Now I see a small light at the end of the tunnel!

Good for you and your wife. My wife on the other hand, couldn't wait till I got comfortable enough riding when I started to finaly feel confident enough to start takeing her along.

Getting ready to go out for breakfast this morning and I casually asked if we should take the car or the bike. My wife, who'd only ridden with me 2 or 3 times, said it was such a nice day we should take the bike. After breakfast, she agreed to take the long way home so we did a little highway riding and I took her down my favorite, local, twisty on the way home. She hops off at home and tells me how much fun it was!

I think she's finally starting to relax enough to actually enjoy riding shotgun. I didn't want to push the matter but I was seriously starting to wonder if I was destined to be pretty much a solo rider. Now I see a small light at the end of the tunnel!

Good for you Dr.!! This time it was a breakfast run,next will be a dinner run then YOU will be posting "My wife wants a scoot of her own"!!!! ENJOY your rides together!

Good for you and your wife. My wife on the other hand, couldn't wait till I got comfortable enough riding when I started to finaly feel confident enough to start takeing her along.

David,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm still taking it nice and easy when she is along. It's like riding a totally different bike with a passenger back there, and she only weighs around 130 pounds.

Good for you Dr.!! This time it was a breakfast run,next will be a dinner run then YOU will be posting "My wife wants a scoot of her own"!!!! ENJOY your rides together!

Well this has already come up over dinner last night. In most areas my wife is a real daredevil, let's try something new type of person. However, she has told me that she wants to take a Basic Rider Course to see how she likes it before we even begin to discuss getting her a bike of her own. Can't really argue with that logic!

She will take the Basic Riders Course then take over YOUR scoot!!! ha-ha! Best wishes to you and your wife!!

:D:D:D Hey Dr., do you 'hear that train a comin', comin' 'round the bend?' LOL, I was just reading this thread thinking, she'll take the basic rider course, & then he will be looking for a new scoot. J/K sort of, I think that's great. Not every one likes to ride their own, but it's great when they do. My problem is that I think I have a hard time relaxing as a passenger. Guess I'm just used to riding my own though. I'll keep practicing. :D

Back