free website stats program Handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebars

Eagle

I love my Fatboy,but there is one thing I would like to change. It has the stock handlebars on it and I feel like I have to reach to far forward. After a long ride my lower back gets tired.Thought about rotating them back a little,but not sure if thats the thing to do. I hear a lot about the beach bars. They come back farther right?

My buddy has beach bars and I think they are really comfortable. There are different sizes. Wide and standard.

I don't have a fatboy, but on my 06 Ultra, after less then an hour the inner side of my elbows ache! the angle of the bars is just wrong for me. At Sturgis this year I met the guy that builds the Baron "big Johnson" bars for the bagger and I bought them and installed them, they are not quite as wide as the beach bars and have a little more pull back. they are also 1-14 heavy wall and I was able to install them with stock cables (clutch is run like a RK) Did I say I love them, and not tired when riding all day, Might want to check them out on your ride? Also the Heritage bars have a lot more pull back?

Tim

Thanks for the info guys. Looked at some risers in J&P Cycles catalog. Also talked to guy at Harley yesterday. He told me he has put Wide-Glide bars on FatBoys and they seem to work well also. I'll check out the big johnson bars too.

Back