free website stats program Handlebar adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar adjustment

JOHNMOWCOP

Hello.

2010 FLHTK.

I want to rotate the handlebars towards me, this will lower the grips and also allow me to sit back a little bit. I am only looking at 2 to 3 ins of adjustment.

The problem is: When the bars' are rotated I will need to twist the clutch and brake levers the opposite way to give a straight pull on the levers. The clutch side is ok, but the brake side will not rotate enough because the brake reservoir banjo and nut foul the bend of the handlebar.

Is there a smaller banjo and nut available? Has anyone else had this issue?

Any help appreciated.

John T.

I had the same problem with my 2010 Roag King Classic. All you need to do is ever so slightly back off the banjo bolt (just a tiny amount, you don't need to turn it much at all to be able to re-position it, you don't want to introduce any air into the system), and re-position it with the brake line so it's not in the way when you rotate the bars. Snug it back up at the new orientation when you're done.

Thank you for your response Babalu.

However that does not solve my problem. It is the banlo bolt head that is fouling the bend on the handlebars when I try to rotate the brake lever assembly (including the resevoir) on the handlebar.

Regards

John T

Can you post a photo of your problem? I don't quite understand what you mean by "fouling the bend".

Hi John
On my 96-up type controls the banjo bolt head is a 12 point solid type (or; not hollow).
I assume it's the same on yours and it sounds like it's only the tip/corner of the bolt head is hitting the handlebar bend when you try to rotate the handlebar control ass'y.
I would use a Dremel and grind the head carefully down to fit. If you just grind on the 'underside' you should be able to make it invicible.

You could also gain a bit by losening the housing screws and push it all outwards a few mm.

Back