free website stats program hand grip end cap-FXDL-98 | Harley Davidson Forums

hand grip end cap-FXDL-98

flyin64

does anyone have suggestions to change just the end caps of handle grips?

lost one, bought a matched pair and not sure how to secure/install

end caps slide over end of rubber grip, single screw/bolt, retaining washer

thanks all

mark

ps
i hope this is not a dup post-my bad if it is

the recess depth seems right, its fits like a glove, which is what i was told to look for but i dont know for sure. stock grips is what i have and stock Live to Ride end caps is what i bought

any suggestions?

There should be philips screw on the cap, first try a little lube on the grip and push it on, it should snap in, if not try loosing the screw and push on and re-tighten screw from inside grip, been awhile since I put a set on but don't remember it being a problem.

View attachment grip install -J02842.pdf

thanks- i can feel the screw is loose. when you say re-tighten from inside grip do you mean turn the end cap on once its made contact with the screw on the inside?

the kit came with a new screw and washer, i guess its made to go on a new handle grip assembly but in my case the grip is staying on the bike. i have a service manual but it does not show the detail i need.

cheers

I should have said you have to take the grip off the bars to install, so you can tighten that screw from the inside of the grip, click the install instructions I posted and see if they help?

Back