free website stats program Hammock seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Hammock seat

Cuzz

Curious as to how popular / effective this seat is. I sat on one, parked, and it felt good. Opinions on this pricey item?

I'm sure there will be members who will have this seat and really like them. I went the other route and had a gel pad inserted in my FLSTC solo seat and I will have the same thing done to the RG in the next month or two.

The only problem I had with Gel is after the bike is parked in the sun for an hour or two it is hot and stays hot for a long time... I have a beaded seat pad and really like it. It has good air flow and just sliding forward or back just an inch changes all the pressure points... Little bit of a massage there too. :eek:)

:naughty

I'm sure there will be members who will have this seat and really like them. I went the other route and had a gel pad inserted in my FLSTC solo seat and I will have the same thing done to the RG in the next month or two.

Hammock is best seat that I have used which includes the Sundowner and Mustang.

I have been very happy with mine. It seems to add about 50 miles for me before I feel the need to get off for a bit. I would recommend the newer version as the passenger also benefits and it doesn't make you sit higher or more forward from stock like I have heard about the first one.
WAP.gif

Curious as to how popular / effective this seat is. I sat on one, parked, and it felt good. Opinions on this pricey item?

I bought the Hammock with my bike. For me, it was comfortable but it did lift me up a bit.

For my passengers seat, they do not like it. The padding was good but the seat angles forward. This resulted in them repositioning backwards several times in a 1 hour ride. Gets really annoying after a while and resulted in underwear crawling up.

Ended up putting the stock seat back on with a sheepskin seat cover. The sheepskin is a godsend when riding in 90+F weather.

Back