free website stats program Had her towed today.....03 RKC | Harley Davidson Forums

Had her towed today.....03 RKC

Amish Hawg

Contributor
03, RKC, FI, Stage 1, no fuel management

Roade for 59 miles this morning....all was great. Stopped by to pick up Momma to enjoy a ride. Started off great.

3 miles in to the ride, she started running really rough. back fire, intake was sputtering. Had to pull her over.

While waiting on a tow, I started her up, still really rough. I pulled the rear plug....NO DIFFERENCE, she still ran. So this explains the roughness. I pulled the front, no start. So...no fire to the rear cyl.

I adjusted my toe and heel shifter this morning. Had to remove the floorboard to do so. Could I have banged my CPS sensor? Possibly. Is this the characteristics of a bad sensor? The action was sudden, thus puzzling me a tad. The bike just arrived......let the games begin.

any input is appreciated. ( this sounds like ddickersons' post from a few days ago.

If you bumped the CPS don't you think she would have acted up from the get go? Maybe the voltage regulator going south on you? Just a quick thought.

This may have been coming on since my new battery. I posted a few weeks ago about finding historical codes. I just replaced the battery and was still getting an engine light, but that stopped. I never followed up ( self induced misery maybe)

I'll check history tomorrow. Im betting you are right - Stator/voltage regulator. Thanks for the input

Back