free website stats program H4 P45t base | Harley Davidson Forums

H4 P45t base

dieselguy65

Account Removed
anyone know a good source for these bulbs?
this is not the common H4 P43t base bulb in use now.
this was used from 50's, 60's into early 70's in alot of european cars, and some bikes.
Don't ask how or why it ended up in my HD, but it did.
and the headlight housing it is in has been heavily modified, tothe point i am not willing to replace it just yet.
I have heard rumors of there being an adapter to use the new P43t base bulbs in a socket designed for P45t bases, but no luck actually getting my hands on one. Looks like tomorrow evening the lathe may get fired up and machine one, but i really dread that.
I attached a pic of an H$ with P45t base, so if anyone knows where to get them thanks in advance.
Brian.

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    bulb.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2
thats not a P45t base. its a mislabeled P43t base.
already been that route. every online retailer has the wrong bulbs. and its not worth the hassle returning them for the little cost.
what I should do is slow down i guess, cause everytime the speedo hits 120, the dog gone bulb pops from vibration.

Is there any way to rewire it for a newer type base? Or maybe just take it up to 119.

its not the wiring thats the problem. same plug and wiring configuration. the base size is actually different. the p45t base is round, with no tabs, and a good 1/4 inch bigger diamter, with just a small indention to locate it in housing. where the p43t base hase the three tabs everyone is familiar with. that bulb will almost fall right thru the hole, it actually will go thru if cocked slightly. same bulb, both are h4. i guess i could just goto 119. but still cant get these bulbs, at least not locally. i have exhausted my supply (all 3 of them).

I remember light bulbs like that but it was a long time ago i used them to upgrade the light on my bike from tungsten to halogen for a brighter light as the base was the standard fitting for a tungsten bulb 50w/45w and the halogen was a 60w/55w with a whiter light

Brian

Back