free website stats program H-D Sissy Bar bag broken and having issue with saddlebags. | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Sissy Bar bag broken and having issue with saddlebags.

GeorgeLowe

Hi, Guys. Gorge here, it's been a while now since I started riding and joined this forum recently. I was looking for the discussions on luggage, bags, etc. all of them are too old and are of much help. But there isn't any chances of reply, it is showing under the reply section, therefore, I thought to make new one.

I have a pair of cruiser style leather saddlebags, the tail of my isn't square enough, I was able to run straps under the seat and wheel well to hold them in place, but tail is angled so the bags tilt in towards the wheel, and I feel a little rubbing down there, Has anybody had any idea on mounting leather saddlebags on? I suspect I'm going to have to make something to hold them in place myself, but wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions first.

Sissy Bar bag's gone, travelled about 7000 miles with it. The side clips broke. Also the left side of the bag the frame broke I have attached pictures. Also the saddle bag where thy mount to the bike have begun to break. I had to remove the saddle bags when I got home in fear of them breaking further. IDK how this happened but I was on my way back home and suddenly the bag started vibrating, and guess what happened:

IMG_0996.jpg IMG_1001.jpg IMG_09199.jpeg

It looks fine but it isn't okay for longer trips, Please suggest me with your experiences that would this be repaired or any other cheaper options. I've already spent 300 bucks on it.

Looks like you need to get creative and make some good supports.
I haven't any ideas on what type of soft saddle bags to get.
When I had a Vulcan my wife bought me hard bags, corrinthium covered leather, with locks.
They looked very good and mounted securely on that bike.
I've now use this set up and it works great for us.
20200621_154442.jpg

Looks like you need to get creative and make some good supports.
I haven't any ideas on what type of soft saddle bags to get.
When I had a Vulcan my wife bought me hard bags, corrinthium covered leather, with locks.
They looked very good and mounted securely on that bike.
I've now use this set up and it works great for us.
View attachment 19220
It looks great as well. A nice set up.
I did added supports, seems like have to add more, something like these. Screensho.jpg OR Screenshot 2.jpg
Do you have any experience working with these kinda things?

Is #6 a support for under the bag?
If a support under center of the bag is more the an inch wide and leaves no real weight on the strap crossing over to the other side, it should also help each bag keep a like full shape.
Also look at a way to keep the bag secured from getting caught up in the wind and do the dog ear out the window flap.

Is #6 a support for under the bag?
If a support under center of the bag is more the an inch wide and leaves no real weight on the strap crossing over to the other side, it should also help each bag keep a like full shape.
Also look at a way to keep the bag secured from getting caught up in the wind and do the dog ear out the window flap.
I'm not sure about the strap thing, however, I'll try every possible way I can to secure them and myself, too.
Thanks

Hi, Guys. Gorge here, it's been a while now since I started riding and joined this forum recently. I was looking for the discussions on luggage, bags, etc. all of them are too old and are of much help. But there isn't any chances of reply, it is showing under the reply section, therefore, I thought to make new one.

I have a pair of cruiser style leather saddlebags, the tail of my isn't square enough, I was able to run straps under the seat and wheel well to hold them in place, but tail is angled so the bags tilt in towards the wheel, and I feel a little rubbing down there, Has anybody had any idea on mounting leather saddlebags on? I suspect I'm going to have to make something to hold them in place myself, but wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions first.

Sissy Bar bag's gone, travelled about 7000 miles with it. The side clips broke. Also the left side of the bag the frame broke I have attached pictures. Also the saddle bag where thy mount to the bike have begun to break. I had to remove the saddle bags when I got home in fear of them breaking further. IDK how this happened but I was on my way back home and suddenly the bag started vibrating, and guess what happened:

View attachment 19217 View attachment 19218 View attachment 19219

It looks fine but it isn't okay for longer trips, Please suggest me with your experiences that would this be repaired or any other cheaper options. I've already spent 300 bucks on it.

I know it's old but just wondering if you still following up on this.
Is that the Viking Bags sissy bar vikingbags.com/harley-davidson-motorcycle-sissy-bars you installed on your motorcycles?

Last edited by a moderator:
I need user reviews on the Viking bags tour packs. Is anyone still active here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back