free website stats program Guzzl'n after stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Guzzl'n after stage 1

MrFah

After adding Heavy Breather, ProPipe and Dobeck Gen 3 I've lost about 8 miles per gallon. YES the bike runs great now but this never happened to my Carbed '03 Electra Glide when I staged 1 it. Chris at Dobeck advises I adjust the green mode down a bit, I'm at 3.5 now, to increase milage but says it will sacrifice performance. I was wondering if anybody has experimented with adjusting your Gen 3 EJK for better gas milage with pleasing results both in better miles without compromising performance to much performance. Just curious thanks.

After adding Heavy Breather, ProPipe and Dobeck Gen 3 I've lost about 8 miles per gallon..

You went from what number to what number. If you went from 48 to 40, I would be happy. If you went from 37 to 29....
City mileage or Hyway?

You know the old saying, Energy can not be created. Hate to say it but its true.:p

You may need to lower the settings a bit and test ride, there shouldn't be a huge difference in the before and after MPG. Could it be that your right wrist is getting a bit more of a work out now? :D

My mpg decreased when I did the TFI, but it fluctuates especially on the highway. I think this is mainly attributed to the wrist action on my right arm.:D

I hang out on Yahoo Answer, and one of the questions I see a lot is what mileage will I get from X bike. People think a bike is like a car, and that mileage figures should be common knowledge. Lots of us try to explain that rider weight, drag from extra items like clothing/tank bags/saddle bags/etc., and most of all wrist control have a much bigger impact on a bike than in a car.

If you and I ride take turns riding the same bike, and even if we both accelerate and decelerate in the exact same way, we will get different mileage numbers due to weight, height, and what we are wearing. If we twist the throttle differently those numbers will be even farther off.

From the MoCo the bike is set to run lean. With the upgrades you added power to the bike. If you are using that power more than you used to then MPG drops. An autotuner and some adjustments to the curve for MPG instead of power would help, but how you ride is the bigger factor.

I have SE air cleaner and SE pre epa slip on's on stock head pipes, power commander with map for set up. I'm getting average of 37 mpg. When I was running Sampson 2 into 1's I was getting 38 mpg. Runs Smoother now, but you would think I would have gained mpg because I would think the map for this set up would be leaner. I don't get a decel pop but it does putt putt pop pop rummble when I gear down and decel at 3000 and under. I think it is just my pipes.
Maybe I'll get brave and play with the power commander and richen it up a little in the low to mid range and see what happens..

Hi, I was close to 50 mpg stock. I'm at 42 now. I agree on the wrist action comments but I'm not getting on it that much. My riding buddy gets an easy 50 mpg on his carberated 2002. He is a small guy granted but still. My setting for the green mode is 3.5 from Dobeck. Chris suggested I lower it so today I did just down to 3. Immediately there's a psychological loss of power but I've only gone down .5 on the green mode only. I will continue to play the setting, the best place to really know would be on trip/all freeway which I'll do this weekend. Thank you for all your comments and feedback. Regards.

Hi, I was close to 50 mpg stock. I'm at 42 now. My riding buddy gets an easy 50 mpg on his carberated 2002. .

And what are your CC's compared to his?

Your getting 42 and your bike runs Great. I can't see what the purpose of wanting more is. 8 miles based on 50 for the added performance,,, well you can always make it leaner again.

He's added an Andrews cam and of course stage 1. He has an 88 ci compared to my 96.

He's got an 88 with stage 1 and Andrews cam. I'm happy with my bike I guess fuel injection perhaps also uses more gas. I'm learning as I listen, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back