free website stats program Great to be along for the ride! - Volume Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Great to be along for the ride! - Volume Problem

pcarpent

I recently purchased the bike of my dreams, a 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO. I have had it about 5 months now and will be leaving next week for a 48 state ride. I decided that I would like to have contact with my cell phone should someone need me in an emergency. My cell phone connects great to the GPS that came on the bike and who ever I am talking to can here me fine when I speak in the mic on my helmet. The problem is I can't hear them. Is there a volume just for the riders headset?

Ride Safe,
Pat

Re: Great to be along for the ride!

Welcome aboard. Lots of great info and people here.

Pat welcome to the forum from Suwannee, there shoulld be someone here that can help with your problem. Any chance you can update us on your ride?

Welcome from Louisiana! A 48 state ride - feel the jealousy coming on...:small3d028:

In your owners manual there is a complete section on how your radio operates - it took me many attempts to get the radio controls set to were I didn`t need to look to set . that means read & re- read until you under stand control functions . get familure with the cb option if you have it. they do come in handy at times .
also retest head set by plugging into rear socket .
from there Welcome to the Forum & have a safe trip

Welcome to THE forum. Get rid of the phone hook up and check it when stopped for a break, gas etc. The beauty of a great ride doesnt include phones, computers, or gadgets IMO.

Bodeen

Do you hear everything else OK (music, intercom) if not, you may need to move the speakers around a little in the helmet.
There As SMitty said there is a volume control for the front but sometimes you need to be in the approproite mode to change the volumen (i.e. intercom you have to be in comm mode to set the intercom volume)

Back