free website stats program Great Bike Gear turn signal relocation | Harley Davidson Forums

Great Bike Gear turn signal relocation

Nails

I removed the HD TS/plate relocation that I installed this winter and replaced it with one from Great Bike Gear (easy brackets website), they are out of California. I wasn't happy with the HD kit from day one, I didn't like the look or the quality.
The kit from Great Bike Gear uses the OEM turn signal stand offs and was much easier to install compared to the HD model.
PRO's: I like the look better, good quality product, fit was perfect, and my first impression is that it seems more solid than the HD version.
CON's: Getting the top two nuts on the back for the plate was a pain, it would work better if they had studs off the bracket. If the kit had some sort of cover for the underneath it would dress it up a bit.

Attachments

• bike shots 002.jpg
    bike shots 002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 89
  • bike shots 004.jpg
    bike shots 004.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 94
  • bike shots 006.jpg
    bike shots 006.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 139
Great Bike Gear Turn Signal relocation here too. Best looking relocate I've found.
Good quality. I took the next step and added the MoCo Turn Signal / Marker lights as Stop Lights.....then not yet satisfied I added the BrightAssLights BAL-2 12 Super LED tail / stop light.....I'm still blinded by the light after going through all 23 different patterns and brightness levels.

GARY

Attachments

• Tail light only.jpg
    Tail light only.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 47
  • BAL-2 brakes on.jpg
    BAL-2 brakes on.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 56
I agree, that does look better. I installed the hd one a few weeks ago, and wasn't all that impressed. One thing I didn't like was you could see the wires above the fender....I thought that alittle "busch league" myself. Using the existing post looks alittle more classy also.

I installed this set-up last year on my Dyna. I found the construction and chrome to be high quality. I've put over 5000 miles on the bike since installing it, and no problems at all - still looks brand new. At first I thought the same as forum member "Nails" that they should have made a cover for the back/underside. I put black shrink-wrap around the wiring so you can't really see it unless you look close. Also (I guess I'm anal) I cut oval shaped gaskets out of thin rubber sheet, to go between the OEM signal stand offs and the bracket, for a better fit and to keep from scratching the chrome. I found the installation to be quite simple except it took longer than I expected, as usual. It would have been nice to have a bike lift (like they use in the video) to get more work clearance between the tire and fender. Be sure to check the horizontal alignment of the bracket to the fender, and the vertical alignment of the turn signals, CAREFULLY before you tighten everything down. Do this with the bike vertical - I didn't notice mine was crooked until my wife sat on my bike and got it up off of the jiffy stand. Also, don't rely on how the turn signals look to you standing close to the bike, especially if you have visors on the turn signals. Get 20 feet or so behind the bike to see what they look like from a car approaching from behind.

Back