free website stats program Grease | Harley Davidson Forums

Grease

Here is some Harley trivia for you. My 1988 FLT/FLHS has a hole drilled in the front of the steering neck for a zerk fitting. On an FLT that would be easy to get to but since I converted to an FLHS I can't even feel it. I assme ti is for a zerk fitting. Harey used the same basic rubber mount frame from1980-2008. I have no idea how long Harley drilled tht hole. Fossil

I change the zerk for a 90* fitting to make life easier when it time to grease it. Cut the bars all the way to the right and you should be able to get at it.

I went to Saint Paul Harley today and tried to get a 90 degree zerk and the part guy said they don't sell them so you have to bring the bike in and they have to take off the light assembly to grease it. $$$$$$ Go to any car part store and change it to 90 degree.

Go to a auto parts or TSC store. You might have to buy a packet of 5, but I bet a dealer would charge more for 1 than TSC charges for 5. Any grase is better than no grease, the only issue that you might have is in the warm weather it might run down your fork tubes and you might think that your forks are leaking. If this is the first time for a steering head grease job it will take a lot of grease because you will have to fill the steering head full of grease before it starts to ooze from the bearings

Back