free website stats program Gps | Harley Davidson Forums

Gps

Redfish-Joe

I am looking for a GPS that I can download routes to. I read somewhere that the Garmins 7xx and up had this capability. I would really like to be able to make a route and be able to keep it and D/L to the GPS. Any suggestions?

I am also looking to upgrade. I've got a Garmin 750 nuvi. I talked to Garmin on the phone yesterday ( only 10 min on hold !) and ask which one had the feature that would only show paved roads. He told me most new ones would. He also told me that with most, you can download the upgraded map program (from them) onto your computer as well as onto the Garmin. Them you can map out a route and put it on the Garmin. I found the 1490T at Best Buy for about $180 on sale. It has a 5" screen. The Garmin guy also told me that the life time upgrades are for the life of the Garmin. If it broke, I can't transfer it to a new Garmin.

Mike

Hi Redfish-Joe,
I picked the 1490T because of the price at the store. Yours sounds like a better deal. I don't need two many bells and whistles. Couldn't hear them on the bike. The 750 I have now is hard to see if the sun is behind. Forgot to ask about that while on the phone.

mike

Back