free website stats program GPS What brand | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS What brand

tubguy

Hello I`m looking forward to hearing what everyones opinion is. Looking to purchase a Gps but want to be able to have the XM option. And where is the most affordable place to purchase it.
Thanks

I am usingthe Zumo 550, have had good luck, with customer support. When the touch screen went on mine I called them up and got an RMA number and mailed it back. Even thought it was 2 years old and out of warranty there was no charge. I use the XM Garmin gxm atenna for my xm radio and have the lifetime subscription. There is a lot of money sitting on that handlebar.
kemo

I am usingthe Zumo 550, have had good luck, with customer support. When the touch screen went on mine I called them up and got an RMA number and mailed it back. Even thought it was 2 years old and out of warranty there was no charge. I use the XM Garmin gxm atenna for my xm radio and have the lifetime subscription. There is a lot of money sitting on that handlebar.
kemo
Thanks Kemo, I guess you`ll be parkin your ride soon.... Winter is comming.

I'm running the Zumo 660, works very well. Rather than handlebar mount opted for the fairing mount. Decided I did not want anything hanging off the handlebars. Nice set-up.

Tubguy, I am a lucky guy, I will be loading the bike into the toy hauler and heading down to Texas for 4 1/2 months. My wheels don't really stop turning for too long.
Kemo

Tubguy, I am a lucky guy, I will be loading the bike into the toy hauler and heading down to Texas for 4 1/2 months. My wheels don't really stop turning for too long.
Kemo
Lucky guy, I only wish ... I`ve got a few more years before I can play Full time. Self employed with no holidays.

Does your local dealer give any kind of discount at Christmas time. Here they send out a 30% discount on one item at that time. I felt it was a better deal so that is what I did. Purchased at the H-D dealer in SLC. The fairing mount set-up installed slick also, a little over half hour.

So, it's Christmas and thinking of having wife get me a 660 for present. Hum, $499 for unit, plus $150 for the HD wiring harness so it will work with the audio system, $35 for fairing mount, plus install...or do it myself..

think I'll just order a Ram mount for $30 for the old Tomtom and bolt it to the handlebars, save the extra money for road trip to Florida during the holidays....:small3d024:

I got a less expensive (cheap) nuvi on the handlebars, only use it if I am lost.
I like to sit at the computor and plan my long rides.

Back