free website stats program GPS Audio Solutions | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS Audio Solutions

J

jimharvey1

Glider, I did a search on this...(REALLY, I Did!!!) and I cannot seem to find an answer. :newsmile020:

I was wondering if anyone has a GPS unit with a mini-plug audio-output that can be connected to the aux-in of the HK stereo on the Ultra. I have been looking at GPS units but none have the audio-out recepticle for ear buds or the patch cord. The geek at Best Buy said there was only one made and it was old and discontinued (in other words, they didn't have any). I want the sultry female GPS voice to prompt me not to miss the upcoming turn through my helmet or fairing speakers. Other than getting the ridiculously priced NAV upgrade for the stereo that has no map display, I was curious if anyone has come up with a solution to this delema. I see some are Bluetooth capable but I understand that is only to link to your cell phone for hands-free calls. (I already have that ridiculously-priced add-on to the HK stereo.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Garman 755T. I know it's not waterproof but neither am I. I can download routes into it, and have my tunes on a SD card. I play the tunes through the radio Aux Input. The tunes mute when the GPS is giving directions. Just used it for a 1500 mile trip and it worked great. Glad I had the POI's for the HD dealers as one guy laid down his bike and we needed a dealer to do the minor repairs. I can hear the directions/tunes through the speakers or the headset or both depending upon how the speaker switch is set. I paid $180 for the 755T.

Thanks, guys. I stopped at Best Buy and was looking at their units, NONE of the ones they had there had audio out. I asked the associate and he said there was only one that he knew of with an audio out, it's old and being discontinued and they didn't carry it in stock! Wow! Gives me some hope. Thanks again.

Or you can opt for a new GPS that has Bluetooth, then get a Bluetooth wireless interface plugin that jacks into your ULTRA audio input. Yeah, sounds expensive, but not when you consider buying an obsolete or down rev GPS...that may or may not do the job AND still have to deal with wires, ear buds and nonsense that go wrong. :s

Hey, I stuck with old stuff as long as I could, even started out on HDT 3 years ago with dialup, so don't tell me about "old". But once equipment manufacturers started pulling the plug on customer service and sustaining, I say why deal with bad service and aging technology. Sure I buy used stuff, but not electronics...just does not work for me.

Tom Tom Go 630 available for around $100 on the net. has an audio out and a wide screen. Picked up a RAM Box for rain rides and it works great. There is also a program called Tyre that looks like google maps that you can use to download route maps to the tom tom.

Back