free website stats program got to use my rain gear for the first time! | Harley Davidson Forums

got to use my rain gear for the first time!

whacko

Well I finally got caught out in a nasty storm yesterday on my commute home! I was beginning to wonder if it was worth keeping the cheap rain pants I got at Wally World in my sissy bar bag! Have to say the cheap rubber pants did the job. I have a removable rain liner for my mesh riding jacket and that worked great as well. The only thing that got wet was my face and my feet! I had my regular issue desert boots on (riding home from the base) and those soaked through but no big deal. So I know now that for commuting you can get by with a $5 pair of rubber pants. Would not recommend it for a long tour as they are cheap and will rip eventually but for the "just in case" on a commute they are good enough!

================================================

Forgot to mention that the sissy bar bag part number 94787-09 is a great investment as well. It has a water proof cover that pulls over the bag form the bottom.......all my stuff stayed dry on the 1 hour drive home. I have used that bag for a year and it is still holding up. I even use it as my carry bag to the base even when I am not on the bike. Good quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a set of Ozark Trail I bought about 5 years ago at Walmart. Not the driest out there but works well in a pinch. Not to mention they were cheap!

For your boots consider purchasing a pair of gaitors to go over your boots. Or since you are in the military you have probably been issued goretex lined boots (at least I was). The goretex actually does the job really well. On a final last ditch option if you want to be cheap I'm sure you can go to your NBC NCO and get a pair of MOPP boots to wear. They wont look cool or be comfortable but they will keep you dry.

For your boots consider purchasing a pair of gaitors to go over your boots. Or since you are in the military you have probably been issued goretex lined boots (at least I was). The goretex actually does the job really well. On a final last ditch option if you want to be cheap I'm sure you can go to your NBC NCO and get a pair of MOPP boots to wear. They wont look cool or be comfortable but they will keep you dry.

That is too funny! As the boots soaked through I was thinking a pair of old MOPP boots would come in handy!

MOPP...now that brings back memories. Lived in the stuff in Korea & boots would work well for raingear.

MOPP...now that brings back memories. Lived in the stuff in Korea & boots would work well for raingear.

Everything we have for rain gear now is GORE TEX but I go back to the old "pickle suit" days! Any of you guys remember those! You put that pickle suit on and sweat so bad you were soaked anyway! Back in my infantry days I rarely put the suit on.....rather be soaked with clean rain water than soaked in sweat!

Back