free website stats program Got to Sit on a O.C. Chopper yesterday | Harley Davidson Forums

Got to Sit on a O.C. Chopper yesterday

Skunk ape

This is the one. A microsoft themed custom. I didn't ride it but I got to check out their work up close. Needless to say, it was an education...

Looks like somebody was in a hurry when the stuck the data plate on.

Attachments

• motorcycles.1114.3.jpg
    motorcycles.1114.3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 107
  • motorcycles.1114.7.jpg
    motorcycles.1114.7.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
I suddenly have a craving for grated cheese.

Ok... what kind of education?
:)

Well... The attention to detail left something to be desired...Surprisingly so.
The tank looked like it was made in a High school shop class.
The seat didn't even fit on the frame.
The chrome mirrors and bits was the same stuff anybody can buy through JP cycles.
There were just lots of things I wouldn't expect to find on a $50,000 bike.
The tiny rear turn signals were cool as hell. I never saw those before.
The paint was done well.

Here you can see those trick turn signals I was talking about.
Check out the cheapo brake light. (Mounted crooked)
You can also see the fantastic seat fitment

Attachments

• motorcycles.1114.8.jpg
    motorcycles.1114.8.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 83
  • motorcycles.1114.11.jpg
    motorcycles.1114.11.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... I guess they are not all they are cracked up to be. Too bad cuz some stuff does look pretty cool.

OCC has built some pretty cool tribute bikes...with that being said, they are not well liked in the Biker community as well as the builder community....never really understood the reason behind it though.
any ideas?

i am suprised nothing fell off it when you sat on it, have heard the quality of their bikes is sub par, one reason the 2 guys on the show left to form their own company.....

I watched an episode last night and they always screw something up where it requires them to hammer something into place. Horrible.

Some look cool but are extremely overpriced for the quality.

From what I have seen of most of OCC bikes it would be one in how Not to build a bike. And if you can't really ride it it's art not a bike :)
Sure they may look neat but they are not bikes you would ride.

Like the ones that have the triple trees and headstock right in your line of sight when riding? I've seen Paul senior hanging out the side riding, so he can see where the hell he is going.

:newsmile100:

The whole show is a script written comedy, designed to amuse punters and increase viewing figures, and it works, them guys are multimillionaires now.

I do like the old mans bikes though, real old school!

Over priced and over rated.

They had many good idea's on types of build , but I lost respect for the show when they started drilling holes through chrome/paint and forced parts to fit.

These are $100,000 plus bikes. Parts should be flawlessly, unlike the old mans policy of using his size 13's to make them fit.

Regardless, the show is all in good fun. As someone else said, most of the bikes they build are meant for art, not for riding. They build alot of these with tight timelines too, so while I agree quality should not be sacrificed, in some cases they hasve to in order to meet launch deadlines, you don't know what happens after that, I would hope some things go back and get done right.

I like the show, primarily for the unique ideas, the paint that Nub does and general love for motorcycles. Could do without the drama, but oh well.

Let's see, $50-100K for a bike. Or, for the same price a Z06 Vette, Porsche or used Cessna 182. Even if I could afford it don’t think I’d ever spend that much on a bike. (said that once before buying the Harley – but that was different…and with a much lower price tag)

I’ve never seen a raked out bike at Deals Gap. Wonder why……

Back