free website stats program Got my Dynabeads today | Harley Davidson Forums

Got my Dynabeads today

wannaride

Installed them & will test them in the morning. Looks like I lost my weights up front anyways. Will post in the morning when I get to work on how they did. Got some for my Durango also, but only got one of them done. Think I will do one at a time to see which tire was out of balance on it. They show using an engraver but since I don't have one I used my 1/4" air ratchet for the vibration. I might get a engraver for the others.

Toby

Not as impressed as I thought I would be, but maybe I need more in the front tire. I also looked at my front tire & it is starting to cup, so that could be why. I only took it up to 80 mph so I will try to get it up to 90 on the way home to see if it smooths out or stays the same or gets worse. I will sere if we have one. I also have some hair clippers that may work.

Toby

You should only need 2 oz. If the tire is cupped that may very well be your problem.
Ken

Installed them & will test them in the morning. Looks like I lost my weights up front anyways. Will post in the morning when I get to work on how they did. Got some for my Durango also, but only got one of them done. Think I will do one at a time to see which tire was out of balance on it. They show using an engraver but since I don't have one I used my 1/4" air ratchet for the vibration. I might get a engraver for the others.

Toby

Not as impressed as I thought I would be, but maybe I need more in the front tire. I also looked at my front tire & it is starting to cup, so that could be why. I only took it up to 80 mph so I will try to get it up to 90 on the way home to see if it smooths out or stays the same or gets worse. I will sere if we have one. I also have some hair clippers that may work.

Toby

I use my jig saw without the blade and works great.

Maintaining proper inflation along with proper balance goes a long way in tire longevity.

I also looked at my front tire & it is starting to cup, so that could be why.

You actually can take a square tire and balance it on a computer wheel balancer to within .1oz but we all know what the ride would be like.

Even if the tire is balanced, if the tire is not true, you will feel it as an imbalance.

If you have a compressor you can fill the tube connected to the valve and give it a shot of air. 2oz of beads in 20 seconds

I agree about the tires, just was thinking that it would do better. The thing did just as good without the weights & maybe even better. Between 70-80 it is worse than I remember, but it could be in my head & it may be the same. The tires are not as cupped as the ones I took off & they were smooth compared to these. It could be the tires, they are a very inexpensive tire. I have not given up on them, I am still going to use them in my Durango. Just got off the DB sight & may just have to live with it until I replace the tire.

Toby

I would be more concerned about repairing the problem and not trying to camouflage it. If there is a problem with the tire replace it, the beads are meant for balancing a round tire.
Ken

Back