free website stats program Got an ignition problem I think | Harley Davidson Forums

Got an ignition problem I think

jahstchris

I'm Chris, from northern Ohio, joined your forum hopin someone has an idea whats goin on with my bike
It's an 88 FLHTC when it hits a good sized bump in the road it will turn off, then right back on and backfire almost simultaneously. I'm thinkin something is up with the ignition,
any ideas????????
Thanks

Welcome from So. Texas. I would check for a loose battery/bad connection. Check your cables carefully at both ends. Sounds more like a loose cable or wire somewhere.
tourbox

Yeah my brother thinkin it's a ground maybe, I did put a new battery in it and this started happenin
and thanks

That would be a good place to start then. Possibly a bad New battery. Keep us up to date.
tourbox

Welcome to the forum
A poor connection to a battery cable can cause your issue often it is best to remove both cables clean both ends and re fit

Brian

Welcome to The forum, Torbox and Brian have given you good info, I would add that if your problem was not there before you worked on the battery, you may have found your answer. Good luck and please check back in. Take a look at thr self help section for tips Harley Davidson Forums Have a look here and check your system out, poor connections can wreak havoc with a charging system

Back