free website stats program Got a heck of a deal | Harley Davidson Forums

Got a heck of a deal

Lobo1

ECAC2505-09F9-4073-9A43-CB899D421472.jpeg About 8 years ago I ordered an industrial grade scissor lift table for the company I work for. To make a long story short, the company only used it for a little over a year. It set in the bone yard where everything gathers when no ones knows where to put it etc. so a buddy of mine asked what the chances of buying it from the company was. He got it for scrap price. Just Over a hundred bucks. He modified the top so it could be used as a motorcycle lift table. lol and behold he offered to trade it for some M C parts I had. I got it set in place yesterday in my shop at home. 2000# lift capacity and 48” lift height. Originally had 3 phase motor but I changed it over to a 115 vac when my buddy bought it.

Everything service related is easier when you don't have to lay on the ground to do it. Looks like you really made out on this one!

Man, you made out like a bandit! Heck of a deal. It always pays to have the right tools for the job especially when you're working on your HOG.

Yeah. Like I said I ordered it new and the invoice was $3,219 I believe. All I traded for it was a chrome spoke 16 x 3 rim and tire for his 96 sportster.

Yeah. Like I said I ordered it new and the invoice was $3,219 I believe. All I traded for it was a chrome spoke 16 x 3 rim and tire for his 96 sportster.
Score. I wish I could trade some of my classic car parts and Harley parts for something as useful as that. I'm running out of space in the garage, the shop and we've got way too many irons in the fire around here brother, let me tell you.

What a deal. I’m sure you will get plenty of use out it.
tourbox

Oh yeah. I lifted my Tour Classic up just as a test since it is heavier than my FLHS. Lifted it up like it was a bicycle. But I am going to change the hyd. oil, filter and suction filter this evening.

Back