free website stats program Good Sources for Genuine HD Parts? | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Sources for Genuine HD Parts?

RibEye

Are there any good sources for genuine HD parts these days? There used to be a handfull of dealers that would sell HD parts are nice discounts, and had significant web sites and did a lot of business around the country, via shipping. HD messed that up with corporate policies, but has that eased? What are the preferred sources for such parts?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Hey RibEye, what engines are you looking to work on? Shovels and earlier? I've only found locals or ebay.

You can check Hank out at Venomous Cycles, Cottonwood AZ 928-202-1120
He has a nice selection in his back garage and won't rip you off.
(disclaimer: I have NO TIES to Venomous Motorcycles and I don't get a discount, but I'd bet that Hank would like to hea that Cracker Scott sent him some business.)

Are there any good sources for genuine HD parts these days? There used to be a handfull of dealers that would sell HD parts are nice discounts, and had significant web sites and did a lot of business around the country, via shipping. HD messed that up with corporate policies, but has that eased? What are the preferred sources for such parts?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Have you tried Lake shore HD , I believe their site is LSHD1

Newcastle, Surdyke, Lakeside and Boardtracker are onlline discount dealers; there are several others that don't come to mind at the moment. I am partial to Newcastle; they took over the online sales from Zanotti when Zanotti closed. The MoCo put the kabash on online sales to international customers but there is not issue with selling shipping in the US.

Newcastle, Surdyke, Lakeside and Boardtracker are onlline discount dealers; there are several others that don't come to mind at the moment. I am partial to Newcastle; they took over the online sales from Zanotti when Zanotti closed. The MoCo put the kabash on online sales to international customers but there is not issue with selling shipping in the US.
Boardtracker is closed.

The MoCo put the kabash on online sales to international customers but there is not issue with selling shipping in the US.
I seem to recall that the MoCo began stuffing internet sales, to keep indies from getting parts, or some such. If that is no longer the case, I'll give a couple of named sources a shot...

Thanks,
Rich P

Hey RibEye, what engines are you looking to work on?
I want to do some significant tear-down and build up of my '03 RK Classic. Around these parts, the time to do so is during the heat of the summer, rather than during the winter. Riding in day time around here (107 degF +) is like riding around in a pizza oven.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited by a moderator:
Boardtracker is closed.

I was not aware but just saw that they closed on 04/15 of this year. Apparently a surprise to the employees. Same thing Zanotti did a few years back but there are still plenty of online discount sources for parts.

I seem to recall that the MoCo began stuffing internet sales, to keep indies from getting parts, or some such. If that is no longer the case, I'll give a couple of named sources a shot...

The MoCo does not allow dealers to ship overseas; has been that way since 2011.

I always used Zanotti before the closed but have been using New Castle since and they have been great. Most recent order included a rear drive pulley for a 2005 FXSTD which had to be backordered but most parts arrive within 5-7 days. Their online chat feature works, emails arrive with order status and ship dates and John, the guy who usually monitors the chat line even responds to email on weekends.

New Castle's shipping/handling prices are high. In some cases, when you add s/h to the discounted price, it's the same price at the dealer.:mad:

New Castle's shipping/handling prices are high. In some cases, when you add s/h to the discounted price, it's the same price at the dealer.:mad:

That has not been my experience but my orders are usually over $500, so that may be true if ordering a $50 part. If I just need a $25 part, I go to the dealer and keep my fingers crossed that they have it in stock. Even if New Castle doesn't have the item in stock, I still get the parts in 5-7 days. I also like the convenience; I don't have to visit a dealer and get accosted by a sales guy before I make it to the parts guy where I usually encounter someone that doesn't know an FLH from an FX and I have to show him the part on his computer. I can order parts from my office or home as well as manage the order from my office and home and I don't have to burn the fuel to go to the dealer to place the order and go back to the dealer to pick up the parts. Convenience usually has a price but in this case it does not.;)

Back