free website stats program Good Reads' ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Reads' ???

HDROYLT

I am headed to the mountains cor a few days and wanted to pick up or download a good book on my Ipad. Looking for something bike related. Anything on clubs, tours, etc... not a maintenance manual though...lol

Not sure if this question fits here but....

Thanks

I recommend anything by Sonny Barger (Hells Angels President). "Let's Ride" is an easy guide to riding that has some refreshing tips, "Freedom" has thoughtful perspectives of life on 2 wheels, and "Ridin' High, Livin' Free" has his wild biker stories.
:coffee

Big Sids VinCatti. Good read. Sid is one of the formost experts on Vincent motorcycles.
Great history of a great motorcycle.

"No Angel" is the undercover ATF documentary of Jay Dobyns life w/the Hell's Angels. Great book!

If you haven't seen the TV series, or even if you have. Long Way Round and Long Way Down are great. Another favorite is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, not a service manual but a narration of a summer motorcycle trip undertaken by a father and his son. A must read IMHO.

Last edited:
if you like the 1% read "under and alone" by wiliam McQueen he went under cover with the Mongol MC around the same time Jay Dobyns was with the Hells Angels they acualy ran into each other at one point

"Harley-Davidson Reader" by Jean Davidson is a compilation of short stories/articles by Sonny Barger, Evel Kneivel, Arlen Ness and Hunter S. Thompson to name only a few...:small3d028:

Back