free website stats program Good Morning All! | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Morning All!

steveselk

New member here from TN looking for an answer. I'm looking to buy a 2007 Road King. Keep in mind I'm not a real technical guy but the bike has had a BB kit installed with Master Tune and the current owner claims cams have been replaced as well. I called the Dealership to confirm. Was told that the service had in fact been done but the parts list did not show cam replacement. If one were to have the BB kit installed I would think that cams should be done as well?
If the current owner has no proof of cam replacement is there any way to tell if the cams have been replaced without a tear down?

Welcome from So. Texas. I don't know of a way to check the cams without removing them. Someone else might. However if it was an HD BB kit it may have come with cams. The dealership can look up the BB p/n# and do a break down of the kit. It will list each part in the kit. You can also do that with an after market kit but with the people who supplied the kit.
tourbox

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Welcome to the forum from Suwannee. Like TourBox say's if you get the part#'s for the kit it will be easy to see what came with the kit. That doesn't mean that everything was installed, to know that you would have to see the work order. The dealer should have all records of work done on the bike.

Welcome to The Forum, I cannot imagine going that far with a build and not changing the cams

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back