free website stats program Good bye cold weather!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Good bye cold weather!!

wrightj123

Just got a new job in San Diego. My bike is in winter storage at a dealer in Wisconsin. Any suggestions on the best and fastest way to ship my SG to Cali?

2 Weeks notice and a few days travel for my truck and hello sunny weather forever!!!!

PS: it is going to -5 degrees tonight

I can't really help you with your actual question but congratulations on your new job and moving to the land of year round riding!

I'd say that if you strap her down good you can U haul it. Do you have some one to drive the truck ? Maybe only truck her down till you hit the warmer states and Turn in the truck and enjoy the ride down ! Diego is nice kind of spendy but you cant beat the weather.

Congrats on the new job. Enjoy that year around riding. Your dealer might be able to help with finding a shipper.

wrightj123; is your new employer paying for the relocation, or at least offering to cover some moving costs? If not, check w/local freight carriers (like other's suggested) b/c my brother hauled over-the-road & would charge minimal fees to haul misc. cargo (going on his route). Also, you could look into u-haul rates for self-moving & get the truck/trailer combo to move all your stuff (bike included).

Back