free website stats program Going about a 883 to 1200 conversion? | Harley Davidson Forums

Going about a 883 to 1200 conversion?

NarleyHarley1

I am looking at converting my 05 883 to a 1200. Not sure if I should use a local custom shop or Harley Dealer $1200. Hear mixed reviews of SE parts vs. Wiseco. Where should I go? Cost is also an issue, would like to do it myself but don't have the time or experience. Which parts should I use for the basic conversion? How difficult really is it to do it yourself?

Thank you for all your help. Come to find out I have been approved by upper management (wife) to spend up to $1600 . Going to the HD dealer to have the work done, what is the most I can possibly have done to increase torque and horsepower for this budget? Thank you again for all the feedback!!! $1200 is the special install price from Harley winter rates.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help. Come to find out I have been approved by upper management (wife) to spend up to $1600 . Going to the HD dealer to have the work done, what is the most I can possibly have done to increase torque and horsepower for this budget? Thank you again for all the feedback!!! $1200 is the special install price from Harley winter rates.

Back