free website stats program Go South (not so) Young man! | Harley Davidson Forums

Go South (not so) Young man!

HogFan

I have some more vacation time coming up and I am thinking about doing a little riding. The current plan is from my home in Plano, south to Austin, through the hill country and then over to Big Bend to have a look around. I tend to just kinda wander around on my trips, so Everything is subject to change! I would love to hear from anyone who has done a similar trip or ridden in areas that will be parts of it. good roads to ride, places to stay/eat, etc.

There are some good roads out around Leakey - Three Sisters are probably the most popular. The big problem is you can't look at the scenery or you might go over the edge. Don't know about Big Bend but hope to try it some day myself.

I have some more vacation time coming up and I am thinking about doing a little riding. The current plan is from my home in Plano, south to Austin, through the hill country and then over to Big Bend to have a look around. I tend to just kinda wander around on my trips, so Everything is subject to change! I would love to hear from anyone who has done a similar trip or ridden in areas that will be parts of it. good roads to ride, places to stay/eat, etc.

RetiredJake had some of his trip in that area in Texas, after he left Az. Pull up his trip and see. just a thought.

signed....BUBBIE

The current plan is from my home in Plano, south to Austin, through the hill country and then over to Big Bend to have a look around.

When in Austin make sure to stay on 6th street for a Friday night (if possible), the music scene and comraderie is great! In the hill country stop at Blue Bell ice cream factory in Brenham, bluebonnets are still out, but the heat is making them shrink away quick. If you get south a bit more stop at the Shiner Brewery in Shiner for one of their daily tours.

There are some good roads out around Leakey - Three Sisters are probably the most popular.

+1 on Leaky and Three Sisters, check out "Ride Texas" magazine for some great routes from Plano to Big Bend (lists lots of places to stay and eat)!

I haven't been in your area, but will be heading that general direction in about a week or so, so I'll watch what others say. Good luck with your trip.

Back