free website stats program Go Pro Camera | Harley Davidson Forums

Go Pro Camera

ajjacobs

Anyone using one of these? Trying to find the best mounting location. Tried on the bars, fork, front fender, etc... Seem to have a bunch of vibration and shakeyness. Have not yet tried the helmet mount.

AJ

Anyone using one of these? Trying to find the best mounting location. Tried on the bars, fork, front fender, etc... Seem to have a bunch of vibration and shakeyness. Have not yet tried the helmet mount.

AJ
I don't have one but a riding buddy if mine does and he had it mounted on the crash bars. It looked pretty neat to watch the video that he took. There was no annoying camera shake (vibration) to speak of. I watched the whole 45 min video that he took before the battery ran out. At first it was fascinating. I got to see the front tire with the chrome Ultra Classic written on it. That set the mood for a motorcycle going down the road. The tire on the asphalt and the STEADY, UNCHAINGING view of the side of the road. After a while it was downright boring to watch. I'm afraid even a good soundtrack accompanying it wouldn't have made for enjoyable viewing. BUT, I believe if he wore it on his helmet, like a lot of YouTube mountain bikers do, the action can be varied by looking where you want your viewing audience to see.
Naturally keeping your eyes on the road is advised! ;-D
WAP.gif

I agree it does get boring and redundant after a while. I have some good editing software and plan on cutting it up. Also, I have one and so does my brother so, we will have different camera angles to work with.

I'll bet with two cameras going and the editing software, you will turn out some creative videos for sure.
What I especially like about the Go Pro camera is the clarity of the pictures, and the wide angle lens. To get a nice wide angle shot on an affordable camera like that makes the Go Pro a good deal. Not to mention the great footage that you capture! :s

I've video'd from several locations on the bike including the crash bars. All give interesting results that can be used in an edited video, but mostly use a helmet mount. You get the best views of whatever the rider is actually seeing. One thing to remember when using a helmet mount is turn your head slowly so your viewers don't get dizzy.

I've video'd from several locations on the bike including the crash bars. All give interesting results that can be used in an edited video, but mostly use a helmet mount. You get the best views of whatever the rider is actually seeing. One thing to remember when using a helmet mount is turn your head slowly so your viewers don't get dizzy.

Great pointer. I think that if I owned one of them would mount it on my head.

Tested the helmet mount and you were correct. It is the best option. Clear, no vibration and the audio is infinitely better also. Thanks.

AJ

Back