free website stats program Glove boxes first or lowers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Glove boxes first or lowers?

Grillfish

I have the glove boxes in hand and my new HD lowers should be here today or Tuesday. Is there any order to installing these? Meaning is it easier to put in the glove boxes first, then install the lowers or install lowers and then the glove boxes? Just curious...

Also, do I really need to move the clutch cable in front of the crash bar as the instructions state?

Thanks in advance.

Ride safe and have fun.

I've never put lowers "together", but take mine on and off alot. I would think it would be necessary to install the glove boxes 1st. They really are pretty easy to do once you do it a couple of times. Its less than a 5 minute job for me now that I have the hang of it.
Yes you will need to move the clutch cable.

I am like the frog. I have had mine off several times. you release the covers from inside the box and then take off the lowers and the boxes come off the back.

Just installed them last night. These might be different than other lowers as they are the non-vented RG ones. I had to put in the Glove boxes first, as one of the mounting screws was behind the crash bar. Not an issue as my hands were small enough to reach in the glove box and tighten the screw holding the top mount. I had to loosen the fairing mounting bracket out a little to create space between the frame and the inner part of the lower. I also didn't have to move the cluth cable (Yippie!!!). It fits nicely where it was and no interference at all.

It took me a while as I had to reinstall my highway pegs and get them just right.

I bought some vents, but not sure if I'll have the guts to cut holes in the nice new paint! I may not need them. I was planning to add an oil cooler sometime, but I'm running Mobil 1 Vtwin so that helps.

I'll post some pics in another posting once I have a break from work.

Thanks again.
Ride safe and have fun.

Back