free website stats program Glad mine's a Sportster......! | Harley Davidson Forums

Glad mine's a Sportster......!

...... if there's any truth in this article about the twin cam models!

Before You Buy Harley

What do the BT owners think?

Just because it is supposedly well written and uses a lot of fancy jargon, if it were true you would not find many twin cam HD's on the road. It like other types of spam. The only good Spam came in a can....:bigsmiley14:

I've seen this article before and I have to agree with dbmg. What you read on the forum here about problems our members are having is not an indicator that all Harley's have the same problems. I'm sure this article could be written about any other make of bike and even Sporsters.

This guy really has an axe to grind IMO, what about the thousands of satisfied customers HMMMMM

I've seen this article before and I have to agree with dbmg. What you read on the forum here about problems our members are having is not an indicator that all Harley's have the same problems. I'm sure this article could be written about any other make of bike and even Sporsters.

I would bet he will soon write articles about H D short comings on the design of the Sporster transmission and lack of a trap door

Almost any vehicle you buy will have something about it that could have been done better
Some people have an axe to grind and labour the point to and excessive degree I did not get far in the article before I got bored with the same subject matter being rehashed again and again

I have never had an abs system on a car last without fault for more than 100k miles dual mass flywheels only last about 100k miles etc etc
Cam chains and tensioners can be a pest to replace on some Japanese bikes cam belts every 36k on some car engines water pumps, turbo chargers etc can all fail
Being aware of potential issues regular maintenance and inspections can keep a vehicle on the road for many miles

Brian

WELL,,, La-T-Daugh.....:dknow

HA HA HAW....... I own BOTH and I DO Find Fault with BOTH...

09 FLHR and my 06 Sportster Roadster 1200...

SO There.....

I really LOVE Both bikes BUT Ride the KING the Most.....

signed....BUBBIE

:unsureOH NO does this mean I need to get rid of my big twin? NOT!!!! I have nothing against sporters.......have had one. Would I ever trade my heritage for one? Uh.......NO!!

Back