free website stats program Glacier National Park Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Glacier National Park Ride

DakotaRob

My first extended road trip is only a couple days away, and I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve! :D

I'll be leaving Friday afternoon, 7/6. I have a stop planned in Rapid City to get a new rear tire since I'll be close to 17K on the original tire by the time the trip is done. I figure it's better to replace it 400 miles into the trip than to push my luck.

I'm picking up the better half at the Great Falls, MT airport On 7/8, and we are heading into Canada (Alberta and BC), then back down into Montana and across Going to the Sun Road. The wife was not interested in a 10 day trip and chose the 4 day "fly and ride" option, lol. It's ok with me as I get plenty of solo time and she gets to see the best scenery of the trip. We are only doing 200-300 miles a day for her portion of the trip and I think she will do fine with that.

Tentative plans for my trip back home include the Beartooth Highway and a stop in Cody, WY.

I will try to post some updates and photos along the way as time permits!

Sounds like a really great plan. I especially like the plan with the wife and solo riding. Be safe!:)

A group of 10 of us are leaving 8/3 from Sacramento for a trip to Glacier National Park. WE are heading north into Oregon, Washington, Idaho, into Montana. A 10 day trip. Can't wait. Keep us posted with details.:D

My first extended road trip is only a couple days away, and I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve! :D

I'll be leaving Friday afternoon, 7/6. I have a stop planned in Rapid City to get a new rear tire since I'll be close to 17K on the original tire by the time the trip is done. I figure it's better to replace it 400 miles into the trip than to push my luck.

I'm picking up the better half at the Great Falls, MT airport On 7/8, and we are heading into Canada (Alberta and BC), then back down into Montana and across Going to the Sun Road. The wife was not interested in a 10 day trip and chose the 4 day "fly and ride" option, lol. It's ok with me as I get plenty of solo time and she gets to see the best scenery of the trip. We are only doing 200-300 miles a day for her portion of the trip and I think she will do fine with that.

Tentative plans for my trip back home include the Beartooth Highway and a stop in Cody, WY.

I will try to post some updates and photos along the way as time permits!

A group of 10 of us are leaving 8/3 from Sacramento for a trip to Glacier National Park. WE are heading north into Oregon, Washington, Idaho, into Montana. A 10 day trip. Can't wait. Keep us posted with details.:D

just a heads up. check the road conditions daily there has been a lot of roads closed due to flooding and mud slides. most are close to Golden and Revelstoke both are in BC on the way to the park

Have a safe trip Rob. How far into Alberta and B.C are you planning to ride?

Not far enough, unfortunately... We hope another longer Canada trip another time. We are staying at the Prince of Wales in Waterton for one night. Then heading up to Pincher Creek and west on Hwy 3 over Crowsnest Pass. Then we will head back south on hwy 93 and cross into Montana.

Hope you have a wonderful, safe ride! I know the feeling you have. Wish time didn't pass so fast and these trips could last longer. I'll pray for good weather for you and your bride. Can't wait for your photos!!!! That's some gorgeous country. Was up there when I was a little girl and hope to go back on the bikes some day.....soon.

Day 1 was a hot one! Had to work half a day and headed west at 1pm. 100+ actual temp then throw in the humidity just for fun. The good news was I got out of the heat bubble about halfway across SD. When I got to Rapid City, it was only 62 degrees.

A little fog and mist this morning as I'm sitting at Black Hills HD getting the new rear tire installed. My destination tonight is Helena, MT where I used to live. Haven't been back since I moved in 2004 and looking forward to seeing some old friends.

Hope to get some pictures today... Couldn't stop long enough for any yesterday for fear of my feet melting to the ground. ;)
WAP.gif

Beartooth Pass is Great did that in 2008 and stop in Cody also what a great place and the riding was great did 3700 miles out west

Day 2 and I took exactly 2 pictures... I promise I'll take more. :) Nice weather today except for a rain storm 25 miles from my destination. Got the rain suit on and within 6 miles I rode out of it. Go figure!

2e60191d.jpg

c5983e3d.jpg

WAP.gif

Back