free website stats program Girlfriend's behind | Harley Davidson Forums

Girlfriend's behind

HDHard

I'm taking the girlfriend with me this June on a week-long trip (Kansas City to Austin and points in between) on my 08 Heritage Classic. Problem: anything more than a few hours and her behind hurts. She's small--5'02"--115 lbs and when the shocks are dialed up for the luggage, it's an uncomfortable ride. I have the stock seat and sissy bar. I've looked at the gel packs and the blow up cushions and the sheep skin, but never tried any of them. Can't afford to just buy them all to see what works. Can't see renting an Ultra when I already own a nice bike. If anyone has had similar issues and or solutions, I'd like to hear them.

I put a Sundowner seat on my previous bike mainly for the wife. I, too, came out ahead on that purchase. The Sundowner is wider and somewhat contoured which seemed to be just what she needed.

Do you have passenger floorboards? Based on your girlfriends height, this may also help by allowing her more foot positions while riding, resulting in a more comfort. Just a thought.

I had a seat recovered and had a gel pad inserted on my '94FLSTC. Most comfortable seat I've ever had. Don't know about the gel pads you lay on top of the seat but I would think they would give the same comfort, just make you sit up higher. I've read great things about Mean City.

Just to get by;
Use a 2.5" piece of good foam. Cut to shape of seat then have it covered with Cloth at an upholstery shop... Lot less for now :newsmile093: and will make a big difference...:newsmile011:

Nothing Permanent needed

I went on the ROT rally to Austin 3 yrs ago, Fun but boy was it HOT...:bigsmiley18:

signed....BUBBIE

Just dont take her. Problem solved.
WAP.gif

Quick fix, the Redhead would get sore some times, fold up a heavy beach towel works good :s

HD has a wider passenger seat that you can swap it for, which would be much better, also the foot board idea would help too.

Back