free website stats program getting air at the dealer | Harley Davidson Forums

getting air at the dealer

dogdad

I checked my tire pressure today and needed some air. After realizing that I needed a small short air chuck to fill the tires,I figured I would stop by my "local" HD dealer to get some air. Now yesterday I cleaned the bike up all nice and shiny for the weekend rides. Well the service writer brings my bike in the service bay. After a couple of minutes ,I get to see a greasy handed(hands were dirty) tech putting his hands all over the back chrome,then puts his weight with his hand(approx 300 lbs) on top of my saddle bag for support to kneel down and get air in the tire. Was wondering if the saddle bag was going to take his weight. Didn't make me real happy. And no I didn't say anything to the service writer,,,he was rite there and didn't say anything to the tech. Just got my bike and left.

I would have said something to both the service writer and the tech. Then after watching him air the tire and clean his hand prints off the bike, I would have had a short talk with the service manager...

I would have said something to both the service writer and the tech....
If the dealer put air in the tires free of charge, then it is hard to say something about the hand prints. However, if they charged for the air, then that is a different story.:s

I couldn't add air at home because my air chuck is to long and wouldn't fit with the brake disc and spokes. I need a shorty.

If the dealer put air in the tires free of charge, then it is hard to say something about the hand prints. However, if they charged for the air, then that is a different story.:s

You would let someone put grease and dirty hand prints on your bike just to have them air up a tire? :58: If the dealer is doing it right, he airs the tire without putting grease and hand prints on your bike.

Free or not.:eam

O.K. wait, call me dumb, but I haven't put air in my new Harley yet. Are you telling me I just can't pull into a gas station and fill my tires. I need a what???

The position of the tire valve coupled with the position of the rotor needs an air chuck that has a side angle on it like this one.

17-5565.jpg

Most gas stations have something like this one.

mp3231_big.jpg

Try getting air into the rear tire with that:D

I couldn't add air at home because my air chuck is to long and wouldn't fit with the brake disc and spokes. I need a shorty.

Trust me, niether the service writer nor tech where happy to stop what they where doing to put air in your tires.Not saying youre not right here but its a bit of a damsel in distress call without the damsel.Just wait till they put the tire inflation sensors on the bikes.Already standard on 08 vehicles.Had one gent come in already,seems his Mercedes tire inflation light was on so he proceded to break all 4 valve stem/sensors to the tune of $150 a pop.The hole time his spare was low.

AIR?

closest dealer is 20+ miles from me....

even @ 40 MPG, that is 1 or 2 bucks in gas (the first time I go there)....

Northern tools has the air head for 1.99....

and it is only 14 miles away...

Back