free website stats program Get Alarm code, but dont have Alarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Get Alarm code, but dont have Alarm

BLOWENBLU

Help, I have a Fatboy Softtail 2001. I'm getting code B1131 Which is (Alarm output low) But I have a (Turn Signal Module, TSM 68921-01) I don't have
a (Turn Signal Security Module) So I don't have a Security System. I have tried to erase alarm but it will not go away. Why am I getting (Alarm Output Low) when I don't have a alarm and any ideas on how to fix it?

Did the DTC just appear out of nowhere without making any changes to the bike? Or did you just purchase this bike and that's the way it was given to you.
That's a valid DTC code but like you said, it does not apply to a TSM. The part number is also a valid TSM number. It's really strange because DTC's are firmware driven, so that would mean the firmware is the same for both a TSM & TSSM which makes no sense....
Interesting problem.

Have had bike for three months, And turn signals blink when first turned on sense I got it. I just got a twin scan II to check code and that's what comes up. I have checked the Security Fuse, ok. Checked the voltage at that fuse, ok. Checked plug going into TSM, ok. But still get code (TSSM current Diagnostic Code: B1131 Alarm output low)

I don't have a 2001 Softail service manual but I do have a 2001 Dyna manual. I wonder if you can extract TSM codes in the same way without using a scanner? See if you get a 31 (alarm low) doing it this way.

Just curious how you know your TSM is part number 68921-01. Does Daytona Tech tell you that?

2001 Dyna procedure to read TSM/TSSM codes.without a scanner.

Turn RUN/OFF switch to Off
Turn ign key ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON
Press Left turn signal switch 2 times and release.
Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. (see 1 flashes)
Press right turn signal 1 time and release. (see 2 flashes)
Press and release right turn 1 time. See 3 flashes
Press left turn 1 times and release (Turn signals will flash DTC code)

Now to clear code, press and hold left turn switch for 5 seconds. 2 flashes means code is now clear.

Turn ignition to off

Added note to above procedure. After step #3 (press Left turn switch 2 times and release), you will see either 1, 2 or 3 flashes.
1= TSM with no security.
2= TSSM w/ domestic configuration.
3=TSSM w/ European configuration

When I first read this I thought maybe a previous owner had removed a security system before he sold the bike. Perhaps causing the phantom code.

ive got a 2001 service manual if someone lets me know what pgs you need maybe i can scan and post.

sorry forgot to post it is 2001 softail manual.mods feel free to merge this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
MY TwinTec II Tells me: TSM ID: 68921-01
TSM Cal Code: 000212
TSM Serial Number: A1131

I also pulled the TSM out of the bike to check the connection
and that is the number that is on it (68921-01)

I tried doing the procedure you stated above.
It did work on my bike. I get the same code: 3 blinks, 1 blink.
It also blinks 1 time after step 3, so it is (TSM with no security)
I tried clearing the code with the above procedure after 5 sec, got 2 flashes.
But code 31 comes back.
Ps. I have a 2001 manual for my bike but have found nothing in it to help.
It says: (refer to electrical manual.) I don't have the electrical manual.

Back