free website stats program Get a load of this | Harley Davidson Forums

Get a load of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_W_B

Crazy, I just saw on the evening news (down here in Florida, WFLA Channel 8) that Toyota Camry has the most of it's parts made in USA. Honda Accord is second runner up.

Yep these two models have more parts made in USA than any of the GM, Chrysler, Ford etc. Complex thing this buy America concept.

That's all they said on it, just a quick kinda thing and moved on to something else. It sounded so incredible that I searched the net for conformation and only link I could find was this one which did seem to agree.

Automotive News - Made in America

That Automotive news report must be old says Dodge still owned by a German company dahmler-chrysler but I believe they sold more than a year ago back to an American investment group.

Go figure!! Makes one wonder what is going on in the world we live in.

You answered your own question.
We are living in a world economy. The time has passed when a nation could isolate itself from the rest of the world economically. It is no longer possible.

That Automotive news report must be old says Dodge still owned by a German company dahmler-chrysler but I believe they sold more than a year ago back to an American investment group.

Chrysler was purchased by FIAT of all people. Go figure......

It is not the American worker that is the problem, we are some of the hardest working, skilled work force folks on this planet. It the supervision that is gotten away from "getting it done".

A couple of years ago at Destination during bike week I was blabbing to the guy from Toyota that I didn't that Toyota should be in NASCAR. He told me that the Toyota was the only US built car in NASCAR. He kind of shut me up.
Ken

Good Post RWB, and I might add Delphi even tho a Government Motors LOL owned operation making parts for almost all of the auto and truck factories, hoping to put America back to work:s

You answered your own question.
We are living in a world economy. The time has passed when a nation could isolate itself from the rest of the world economically. It is no longer possible.

You know gasbag that is so true. Guess all I needed to do is to see how much we are into China for. Guess that I am just getting to old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back