free website stats program Genuine James Gasket Kit for Primary? | Harley Davidson Forums

Genuine James Gasket Kit for Primary?

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Anybody have any experience with the James gasket kits? Thinking of getting one from J&P to do my primary. Seems it has everything in one pkg.
J&P also has a Cometic kit. I know some here like the Cometic exhaust gaskets and head gaskets. They are however, very expensive. Even more than the Stealer.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Bodeen

James are OK cosmetic are good but spendy as you said

I have used cometic and never a problem on many rebuilds that I have done..

Don't use james no reason just don't.

signed....BUBBIE

My guess would be they are probably very good, just expensive...AND competing against HD OEM product which is already very good and readily available making it tough to beat marketing share wise.

Who was that person who called gaskets spendy?
Just changed my Compensator Sprocket and the Primary gasket cost me $48 over here.Had a look on Google and these seem to cost around $30 to $36 in the U.S.

These would be stamped out in the tens of thousands and cost peanuts.The machinery costs must be amortized by now.

Gasket worked fine,just expensive.

It's not the parts as much as my dealer, we'll just say I am not a fan......

Bodeen

I bot my gasket sets;
cometic because the wiseco orders came with them (purchased separately of corse) .. the tech said they were good and early days I had NO computer and phone was land-line. The gaskets always worked fine..... I have also never had a problem with HD gaskets but just kept on with the shipped in types from cometic.

Easier than hauling home on my bike, when i ride my bike I don't want to lug around parts from the hd store... My bent gasket ratio is better served from using UPS...

signed....BUBBIE

Back