free website stats program Gen 3 EJK | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3 EJK

hotrodjohn

I just installed the Dobeck EJK gen 3 efi controller. I went the extra mile and took the tank off. I noticed that nice plastic compartment that the wiring is in and thought that would make for a clean install. I couldn't ride as it is raining out right now. I will wait till tomorrow. I will try it with the base settings but until Friday when I get the Fulsac baffles the only performance change I have made is removing the cat. My neighbor has a K&N filter that fits the stock airbox and I will borrow that until I can buy a decent complete unit. I wonder how fat this thing will be until then although I would not think much when I saw the exhaust tubes and the exhaust valve. I think these air cooled motors are running way way to lean (hot). I understand the EPA but seems a bit much.

Attachments

• IMAG0514.jpg
    IMAG0514.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0516.jpg
    IMAG0516.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 120
That's a nice clean installation. It's the way I like to run the injector leads too. It keeps them out of harms way.

Super clean install!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Gen 3.

Suns out. Stuck at work. Will let u know this evening.
WAP.gif

Well I took the bike for a 50 mile scoot. Feels like there is more torque and more pep. Cant wait till I get the baffles on friday. I did pull the plugs when I got home and they sure still look white. Perhaps a bit more fuel after the pipes are added:D

Last edited by a moderator:
The gen 3 comes pre-set for stage 1. I rode my stock UC like this for couple of months, the bike ran great with no problems. It was probably just little bit fat/rich.
I recently installed a K&N kit and removed the cat. I can really tell a difference in the smoothness and throttle responce. So far I have not touched the Gen 3 settings, it just run great like it is.

Ron
WAP.gif

Well I took the bike for a 50 mile scoot. Feels like there is more torque and more pep. Cant wait till I get the baffles on friday. I did pull the plugs when I got home and they sure still look white. Perhaps a bit more fuel after the pipes are added:D

You'll not see much other than a white plug tip with todays fuels. The only thing that will give them color is the fuel additives and that doesn't serve to adjust mixtures.

Fullsac 2" baffles installed. Waiting till tomorrow to ride and hopefully enjoy it. Milwaukee rally hopefully the rain will stay away.
WAP.gif

Real happy with the fullsac baffles. Not los just right. Seems the EJK is working as I only got 36 mph :)
WAP.gif

Back