free website stats program gen 3 AFR | Harley Davidson Forums

gen 3 AFR

lidflipper

Was praising Dobeck to someone earlier today. They ask how much fuel was added. Explained worked somewhat like carbs of yesterday. That got me to thinking. On the gen 3 what is the app. AFR at each # setting. I have read most of the posts and cannot find any info on this. Thank you in advance for your response

Was praising Dobeck to someone earlier today. They ask how much fuel was added. Explained worked somewhat like carbs of yesterday. That got me to thinking. On the gen 3 what is the app. AFR at each # setting. I have read most of the posts and cannot find any info on this. Thank you in advance for your response

The AFR is gonna be the combination of the changes you have made to the engine such as breather, pipes, cams, and fueler. Is is not just the Gen 3.

Having said that, if you have adjusted the Gen 3 to get the best performance, you are probably gonna be between 13-14 on idle/low speed, and closer to 12 under hard acceleration. But the Dobeck guys will be along to tell you the real deal.

TQ

The settings do not relate to an AFR for both the TFI or the GEN 3. You would need an AFR gauge to indicate what AFR you are currently running. With that said we like to target around 13.8 to 14 for light cruising conditions and then jump to around 12.5 for hard acceleration and full throttle to get the best performance.

Back