free website stats program Gearbox shaft bent | Harley Davidson Forums

Gearbox shaft bent

TomH65

When I was knocked off my bike, the gear shift lever snapped off. I have just been informed from my mechanic that the shaft that is was bolted on to (the iron rod that goes into the gear box) has been bent at the end.
Has anyone got any ideas about repairing or replacing this part?
Is it a simple job or a long drawn out task?
He is waiting for HD to contact him with the information, but I thought I would ask on here if you guys can give me some help.

Well if its a big twin not a big deal .but if its a sporty 2004 and latter bad news. you need to split the eng cases to make this repair

When I was knocked off my bike, the gear shift lever snapped off. I have just been informed from my mechanic that the shaft that is was bolted on to (the iron rod that goes into the gear box) has been bent at the end.
Has anyone got any ideas about repairing or replacing this part?
Is it a simple job or a long drawn out task?
He is waiting for HD to contact him with the information, but I thought I would ask on here if you guys can give me some help.

Well if its a big twin not a big deal .but if its a sporty 2004 and latter bad news. you need to split the eng cases to make this repair

If this is indeed mid shift and not forward controls the cases will have to be split, there is no trap door any more on 04 and newer Sporsters

Ok Thanks guys. I just hope the insurance company pays up for the labour cost to repair it.

Back