free website stats program Gauge resettling | Harley Davidson Forums

Gauge resettling

Heavy Metal

I have a 2015 even before I went to the new gauge mine would do @232-237 mile left, and maybe @5-12 mile before going to 236 left ect, now it sits at and I mean full tank to the brim. Says @197-204 and sits for @25-32 miles before the counter on miles left starts to count down. Any way to reset this? Also I do have the flush black mounts too and between gauging fuel empty/.25/.50/.75/full on both their almost same the flush mount goes off a bit later but 7 LEDs verses 8 sections on gauge itself. How does one reset the main gauge to show accuracy counting down miles left?

On the newer bikes from what I understand with the computer system being what they are, the mileage is figured by fuel consumption. So the harder you ride the lower the mileage showing.

Road down the bike with a full tank and I mean FULL tank right to the hole level were you fill it at. Got a LO RANGE and 1 led on gauge on left side and when filled it back up again took @just under 4 gallons yet only got @178 miles before showing that I'm gunning out

So I would believe that as usual the LED is inaccurate. The information in post #3 equals 44.5 MPG which is not bad at all. I would stop relying on the LED and go back to the way you calculated fuel mileage before. It looks like you should be able to get 222.50 miles comfortably from your 5 gallon tank which should have a low fuel indicator built into speedo.

I'm getting @190-200 mile to tank on a 5 gal 2015 Fat Bob.

Yet says LO-range but yet still fueln@1/2 to around a gallon left, filled it to max and I mean max right to the hole flush to top.

With the newer bikes due to no reserve on petcock the low fuel light along with low fuel on odometer display will usually come on with approx 1 gallon left in tank. So again I see no fault with bike. And if you figure the 1/2 gallon or so left remaining, your mileage will be what was calculated before.

With my bike, I get about the same mileage. I have 1 gallon left when my guage is on empty. That number you get when it shows miles to empty changes all the time depending on how you ride. If I ride all highway and run it down to lo fuel, when I refill it will show a higher number and it will stay there awhile while it recalculates. Oh yeah, I have needle guage and mine is I gallon for every quarter tank mark on guage.

image.jpeg

Notice the gallons, this is filling the tank till its flush with the holes you put fuel into the tank and the smaller one for venting. This is after Amber gas light cam on and 30 plus more miles beyond that point.

Back