free website stats program Gauge Lights - 2009 Dyna Low Rider. | Harley Davidson Forums

Gauge Lights - 2009 Dyna Low Rider.

RTRLowRider

I have an intermittent problem with my gauge lights.

My bike is a 2009 Dyna Low Rider.

For some reason while it is idling or during a ride, the gauge lights will go out. The read mileage read out display is working. The bike rides fine with no other problems. Then after some time the gauge lights come back on with the engine/battery display warning lights and then the warning lights go off. Sometimes it happens only once and other times it repeats.

I can only catch the gauge lights turning off in the early morning when it is still dark but I have found the warning lights turning on and off during the day.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tom

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

Welcome RTRLowrider, if you move to the main forum to post your question, you will likely get more responses. This is more of an intro section. :s

Mod note - I (Dr. Dolittle) moved the post out of the New Member section into the Electrical section

Last edited by a moderator:
RTRLowRider - as Joy suggested, I moved your post into a thread in the Electrical section so you'll get more replies.

If you'd like, you can still go back and introduce yourself in the New Member section.

Since several lights, and ck. engine light are involved, I would check & see if the wiring connector was fully seated. I'm not familiar with your specific model, so I don't know where your gauges/connectors are.

HD09FXD050.gif

Here is your gauge, unplug it clean the sockets with contact cleaner and apply some dilectric grease Good luck:s
Harley Davidson Forums
Just for grins run this see if it spits out any codes or part numbers

RTRLowRider - as Joy suggested, I moved your post into a thread in the Electrical section so you'll get more replies.

If you'd like, you can still go back and introduce yourself in the New Member section.

Thanks Doc, I was rushing to get out the door this morning to stay in front of the school buses. :) I have a very small window that I can avoid the bus traffic...and since the little kiddies cannot get out of the car until the bus is completely stopped, and the bus has to stop at EVERY driveway, I really do not want to be behind them...When I was a kid, walking up hill both ways in all weather, standing on a road with no sidewalk, we survived. :p

Back