free website stats program gaterman 1023 lifters | Harley Davidson Forums

gaterman 1023 lifters

Are these set to the standard midpiont settings with adjustable pushrods?
WAP.gif

My understanding is that they are the normal .200 total travel so .100 would be the target or even a touch deeper if need be for a noisier cam.

I do suggest no more than .140 max... OR...Like Bodeen said.

I use the 1023 gatermans also.

Sns makes a quiet lifter also. The Premium are spendy and I think the standard SnS work well especially less money then the Premium.

I do like my side pressure lower into the lifter, so I use More depth... .100/.110/.120/.140 some go .150.

I'd Try .120 and that should be good. OR be a Pig like me and use .140......:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

I'm running Woods TW9B-G cams. I understand they tend to be a bit noisier than most.

Those are a little harder on lifters because of the .630 lift and FAST Ramps...

That is why I would use sns with the Travel limiters also... (premium grade a little more money but worth it in your set-up)

Lot of power IF set up correctly with the Compression needed for that cams set.

signed....BUBBIE

Well the place I ordered the lifters from lost the order. New set of Woods Directionals will be here tomorrow. A little more money but they should work well with the cams. Bob sent a free t-shirt, catalog and coupon for a next order. By the way, I need lifters because the AMS Johnson Hy-lift couldn't take it. I had one start clattering badly.
WAP.gif

5k. I don't think they're made for high performance engines. The high lift cams and springs may too much for them. Or I could have got a set made on Friday, anticipating the weekend, or Monday, after a hard weekend. Of course I will say this, I sometimes ride it like I stole it.
WAP.gif

Keep us informed on the Woods and how they work out.

Well the Wood Directionals are in and adjusted. Much more quiet than other lifters I've dealt with. Bob said do not prime them by hand or they will take hours to bleed down after adjusting. They are full of machine oil to start with. I just dipped them in oil, installed them and set them up to the 4 turns, 32tpi rods, put everything back together and all is well.

The hole is orientated to the flat which puts it facing the rear on the rear cylinder and to the front on the front cylinder. I will let you know how things are going after a few rides.

Back