gassed out headlight

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by I.B.E., Nov 29, 2019.

1. I.B.E.

I.B.E. Member

man my headlight has been gassed out since i bought this bike and harley wont replace it or even own up to it. so my question is how do i get it clean??? i mean it works and everything but it looks terrible and i just dont like it so my question is how do i fix it ????? its so cloweded i cant stand it but i dont want to buy a new haedlamp assembely anyone got a cure?????

2. joel

joel Senior Member

What year and model?
    Might be able to clean the inside if with the bulb removed you can get a piece of teri cloth and a long screw driver to push it around.

3. liquid_wrench

liquid_wrench Junior Member Contributor

I agree with joel….should be able to remove the bulb and get inside with something like a long handle of a wooden spoon or something. Maybe with windex on a small piece of microfiber towel and dry with air nozzle maybe.

4. I.B.E.

I.B.E. Member

its a 013 ultra classic and its been this way after the 3 week i owned it but harley said its not covered under the factory warrenty

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Experienced Member

Easy to clean (and it is not a warranty item). Remove the bulb, and put a small windex soaked rag into the lens assembly. I use a coat hanger wire with the end looped to prevent scratches to get the rag all around the edges.. After a good cleaning, remove the rag and dump some isopropyl alcohol in and swish it around good. Dump and let air dry. Done.

SilverFoXD, Joyflyin and gator508 like this.
  6. I.B.E.

I.B.E. Member

thanks guys i found a great video on how to clean these problems while searching the net. dont know how to cut and paste so i could get here.