free website stats program gassed out headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

gassed out headlight

I.B.E.

Banned
man my headlight has been gassed out since i bought this bike and harley wont replace it or even own up to it. so my question is how do i get it clean??? i mean it works and everything but it looks terrible and i just dont like it so my question is how do i fix it ????? its so cloweded i cant stand it but i dont want to buy a new haedlamp assembely anyone got a cure?????

What year and model?
Might be able to clean the inside if with the bulb removed you can get a piece of teri cloth and a long screw driver to push it around.

I agree with joel….should be able to remove the bulb and get inside with something like a long handle of a wooden spoon or something. Maybe with windex on a small piece of microfiber towel and dry with air nozzle maybe.

its a 013 ultra classic and its been this way after the 3 week i owned it but harley said its not covered under the factory warrenty

Easy to clean (and it is not a warranty item). Remove the bulb, and put a small windex soaked rag into the lens assembly. I use a coat hanger wire with the end looped to prevent scratches to get the rag all around the edges.. After a good cleaning, remove the rag and dump some isopropyl alcohol in and swish it around good. Dump and let air dry. Done.

thanks guys i found a great video on how to clean these problems while searching the net. dont know how to cut and paste so i could get here.

Back