free website stats program Gas!?!?!?!?!? | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas!?!?!?!?!?

EMGLIDE

Anybody Having Trouble Getting Mid And Premium Grade Fuel,in My Area Which Is East Moline,illinois[near Mississippi River And I-80],there Are Many Gas Stations Which Dont Have Any On Hand And Dont Know About When They Going To Get Some.plus Some Other Stations Are Going To All Credit Card Or Prepay. Credit Is All Right But I Dont Know About The Rest Of You All But Prepay Really (EDITED) Me Off Since I Only Want To Go Inside The Store Once. Just Venting A Little But Would Like Hear About Other Peoples Problems Trying To Fuel Up.

NO LANGUAGE ON THE FORUM

Charlotte, N.C. has real spotty gas... I have been luckily enough to fill up my cars with regular 87.... have not seen any 93 in almost 2 weeks.... Many people have waited in lines for over an hour or longer just to get any gas. So far I have lucked out by finding a station just getting a delivery and have not waited in line for more than 15 minutes.. planning on an over night trip this Friday and from what I have heard gas no problem 50 miles from here.

I am planning on going from Cincinnati to Florida on Oct 4, but may have to delay because of the gas shortages. Here in Cincinnati there are no problems.

We aren't out of gas in Texas but I am seeing something which is unusual. For the last ten days when I go to the local Murphys gas station in the Walmart parking lot they have signs on the pumps which say no matter which grade you want, all buttons will dispense 93 octane. But, you will only be charged for the 87 octane. That was alright but a little unusual. This past Sunday when I pulled in to fill up I noticed that all three grades of gasoline were the same price, $2.379. Now, they had all three grades in the tanks but were charging the same price, no matter which grade you wanted.
Is that unusual, or what?

I keep reading something about the pipeline and being shut down for gustav than just coming back and being shut down for ike and that it is taking a while to get back up to capacity soi that is why there are shortages in the southeast. May be what is affecting you guys too.

Here in PA, no problems that I've heard about, except it costs too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on going from Cincinnati to Florida on Oct 4, but may have to delay because of the gas shortages. Here in Cincinnati there are no problems.

I wouldn't delay the trip but I'd check GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada for various cities along the way and, perhaps, alter my route. I've heard metro Atlanta, Charlotte, and Nashville are having the worst of it. In addition to the timing of the two storms and the shut down/reduced rate of the two southeast pipelines, I just read that the southeast is the only region of the US that does not have enough storage facilities for the incoming gas, adding to the problem.

Also, like Smitty said, I'm going to start carrying some octane booster with me since availability of premium is pretty spotty still.

just was reading on cnn that even though pipeline is back to capacity may take a week or two more til everything is back to normal

I spent the afternoon at Sacramento HD getting some stuff I needed since I was out here on business. Had a long talk with a parts guy about various things but on this subject, he highly recommended a product called Rocket Fuel. He even said it was HD part/item number 599325. Comes in a metal drum containing a bunch of individual "packets" of this stuff you add when you fill up and it bumps your octane up. Think I'll be getting some for my Daytona trip as well as insurance if this lack of premium keeps up.

Back