free website stats program gas tank console gasket (gaskets)? | Harley Davidson Forums

gas tank console gasket (gaskets)?

chipguy1

I posted here before about putting a new gasket between the tank and console on my 2005 ultra efi. I got my question answered, but I have another. I went to the dealer asking for a gasket and was given a cork gasket. Today I took off the console and I find a rubber gasket with four tabs on it, and no cork gasket. The rubber gasket is torn on the bottom so I will need a new one, but do I need the cork gasket also?
Thanks for any replies.
Tom

I took your advice from another post Jack and have already purchased the new screws and washers. New OEM rubber on order.
Tom

:s Good Deal, you dont want leaks:s

I may be missing something here. But as I understand it the rubber gasket is only used as a protective insert between the two metal surfaces. There's nothing to leak.

ps Howdy Jack

zoood

I may be missing something here. But as I understand it the rubber gasket is only used as a protective insert between the two metal surfaces. There's nothing to leak.

ps Howdy Jack

zoood

Hey Zood, u staying busy? The rubber gasket and new screws and washers secure the top mounting plate of the pump assembly to the tank, I sure dont want a leak there

Back