free website stats program Gas Tank Breather Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Tank Breather Problem

twicecam

I took my gas tank off to put my TFI Tuner on, when I pulled the tank off one of the breather hoses(the one on the primary side) got pulled loose from wherever it is routed in the frame. I have put it back and I am not sure if it is right because every time I park it in the garage I smell a strong odor of gas for about 10 minutes. I am wondering if this hose had a breather on the end of it
Anyone have any experience with this?:dknow

If you find that the hose is correctly attached it is quite possible what you are smelling is the extra fuel you are getting from adding the TFI and is not something I would be to concerned with unless it seems real excessive.

Make sure you're not leaking fuel from your main line connection...which is probably not the case, but safety check.

Also, you'll get some spent fuel smell after riding (normal) as long as it dissipates quickly (within 30 min). Yours seems to be the normal after-riding smell so as long as your garage/bike's not constantly like a gas station - good to go.

Like glider stated - line runs down frame in front of rear tire & no matter where it vents - I'm sure you connected correctly. Remember HD's run lean fm factory so you just made the motor happy w/added fuel.

Thanks guys, that is what I was thinking, but was nit sure. My TFI works great,money well spent:bigsmiley12:

Back