free website stats program Gas Mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Mileage

RayA.

I have a 08 Lowrider with Vance and Hines Big Shots and SE Heavy Breather with Power Commander V. I am only getting around 41 miles to the gallon. Does that seem right or should I be getting better?

I was getting around 45 before the changes, all I had was Rush slip-ons. I thought I would get better seeing the engine is breathing better.

wow i wish i got that figure :D
if i really get on the gas i can empty the Tank to reserve within 80miles and average around 115 to a tank on 2009 dyna thats around 23mpg

You must have some heavy engine mods or you have a hole in your tank...I ride mine fairly hard and,when new and stock was getting 49-51 MPG...:rider

ermmm no holes i am aware of yet:D i fill up every 2nd 3rd day when riding to work and back and thats 40mile max round trip on a 5 gal tank, i still have not got the motor tweaked properly, it runs stong and pulls 110ft/lb from 2000rpm to 5000rpm peaking at 115 means i can pull 4th gear and be hitting the limiter at 115mph, need the limiter lifting a little, but come Nov it should be even more :D

110 ft/lb sure aint stock...:newsmile100:

correct but not as modified as you would think and its all HD parts :D so looks stock
internal engine mods are pretty hard to spot from across the street...
@23 MPG...you have some major problems....you must have gas running outta your pipes...:help

Last edited:
Back