free website stats program gas mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

gas mileage

gunnut

Any one tell me how many miles per gal I can expect from my '96 wide glide please?I done all kind of calculations,but screw up some where between kilometers and miles.My best guess was 70 mpg,my worst 25 mpg.It must be somwheres between the two.I dont normally bother, I watch the guage and when its on 1/4 I fill up regardless.But I'm rideing to Valencia,and need to plan fuel/rest stops a little more accurately than that. Thanks guys,

depends on lots of things.. 35-45 mpg is normal.

not sure about price of fuel in Britain, France is prolly 1 euro 40 by now.
Spain will be much less, 1 euro 10 or so.

I would work with 1:30/35. Don't forget that on longer trips you tend to take some luggage. Lot of it depend on the route you take. Hills a killer for for gas milage.

My 96 springer gets about 38 with pipes a cam and s@s carb.Thing is 1996 offered a 4.2 gallon tank for that bike so you still had to start looking for gas at around 150 miles.

I averaged 45 on my '97 Heritage (highway miles); however, it had a Stage III motor. Great mileage until I got on the gas and then it went down drastically. Stop light to stop light......not good......Super E really sucked it up.

Fill it up to the very top then go ride about 100 miles. Make sure you "0" the trip meter first. Now fill it up again to the very top. How much did you just put in, say, 1.3 gals now take the mileage 100 divided by 1.3 and see what you get. I do it almost every tank and get 45/46 freeway(80mph) and 51mpg if I keep it under about 62mph. 02 wide glide with 90k----jack

Back