free website stats program Gas Milage | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Milage

Bobcat316

How does you touring bike do on gas?
My ultra doesn't get the gas milage I got out of my H1 Kawasaki back in the day.
But now that I have run a couple of tanks through the Harley it looks like is is going to average upper 30's in mpg. First tank I calculated about 37 and had done more light to light driving that I would have liked, and the second tank I got 38 mpg.
Not too bad i guess. My 6 cyl van gets about 20 and my wifes 07 Malibu (4 cylinder) gets about 32.
Bob

Anywhere from 36-40 on the 96 engine is about normal if it has a tuner on it. The leaner stock bikes without a tuner will get more than this.

I average about 40 mpg most of the time. When we went thru Georgia a couple of weeks ago they do not have Entainal in their gas we all got around 44mpg.

smitty,
I think you have a point with the more miles on the bike issue. In looking at the other thread on gas milage, the posts seem to indicate that the bikes with more milage seemed to get a few more miles out of a tank of gas.
I feel pretty good about 35-40 on the bike though. And can certainly see the difference between this big bike and the little rice burners I rode as a kid.
Thanks
Bob

On a recent trip I calculated 37 mpg on my Road King. That was two up riding at an average of 65 mph. We were geared up for a weekend away and I was not being overly concerned with going light on the throttle :s

75 with cruise in 6th 2 up with the fairing on my road king is 36-38 by my self 38-40 .. thinking of going back to my windshile to see if milage will go up

My 09 Roadking, 7,100 mile on the bike, Screaming Eagle peformance slip ons, is very consitent at 48 mpg, the highest was 52 while in Colorado, and the lowest was 37 mpg but I road a steady 90 mph do to trying to make up on time. The 08 Ultra, 15,000 mile on it, SE. Pro Super Tuner, Se perf slip on and SE air filter, is very simular but always averages 44-46. milage seems to stay the same while loaded and 2 up.

Last edited:
My 2007 Electra-Glide Classic with d&d slip-ons only, no hi-flow or tuner (yet:s) I average around 42, 2-up or single, doesn't seem to change. I will say when I bought it, it was getting in the 30's but as the miles went up so did the MPG and leveled out @42'ish at around 15,000 miles. :cheers

Back